UNDER EYE DARK CIRCLES
What are dark circles?
One can say they have dark circles when the skin under their eyes appears darkened.
Common causes of dark circles :
Below are some reasons that causes dark circles :
- Being tired
- Family history (genetic)
- Sleep deprivation
- Natural aging
- Excessive screen time
- Eye dryness
- Overexposure of sun
Can I remove my dark circles completely?
Dark circles are absolutely normal and nothing to be ashamed of. You cannot remove them completely. However, one can reduce them if properly taken care of.
Here are some ways which can help you to reduce your dark circles :
- Enough sleep –A proper sleep of 7 to 9 hours is must without any interruption at night. Do not count your afternoon sleep time.
- Stress management –Following are some ways through which you can manage your stress –
- Regular exercise
- Good food and healthy lifestyle
- Do things that make you happy
- Be around supportive people
- Meditation or yoga
- Healthy sleep
- Avoid alcohol, drugs and other similar things
- Listen relaxing music
- Hangout with your pet (if you have any)
- Stay away from negativity
- Try Good Eye Creams –Eye creams help to provide required moisture and nourishment to your eyes and does contains ingredients that can really help in reducing your dark circles.
- HERE ARE SOME GOOD EYE CREAMS –
- Re’equil Under Eye Cream – code : TOUCHWORTH08 (10% off)
- Plum Under Eye Cream – code : MANISHA (10% off)
- The ‘Cucumber’ Method –Cucumber is very beneficial for your eyes as it has skin lightening and soothing properties. What to do? Cut 2 round pieces of cucumber & refrigerate for about 35 to 45 minutes. Leave it on your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Sunscreen while stepping out –Sunscreen is not only important for your face and body but also under your eye area. Sunscreen forms a protective layer and blocks the harsh sunlight rays that can penerate into our skin. Sunscreen helps to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and prevent any sort of sun damage. There are some sunscreens in the market that stings your eyes and make them red & watery. However, there are some sunscreens that are safe to use and are mentioned below :
- Re’equil Ultra Matte Dry Touch Sunscreen – code TOUCHWORTH08 (10% off)
- Re’equil Zinc Tinted Mineral Sunscreen – code TOUCHWORTH08 (10% off)
- Foxtale Matte Finish Sunscreen – code MANISHA24 (15% off)
- Dot&Key Cica Calming Sunscreen – code MANC10 (10% off)
- Stay hydrated –Drink more water (2 to 3 liters/day). Eat fruits and vegetables that contains water content such as watermelon, cucumber, pineapple,etc.
Does home remedies work for dark circles?
Some home remedies may work for your dark circles but will only give you temporary results (home remedies did not work in my case). If you really want to reduce them then try the above mentioned ways/methods.